Formula 1 News

Hulkenberg quiet on future plans

After a string of drivers announcements in regards team changes, the attention now turns to the German.
Thursday, October 4, 2012

Suzuka, Japan, Oct 4, 2012 (AFP) - German Nico Hulkenberg insisted Thursday that nothing had been decided about his future plans amid widespread speculation that he had been approached by Ferrari for 2013.

The Force India driver said reports that he could replace Brazilian Felipe Massa in the Italian team were not distracting him from the task of doing well in this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix.

"I'm just concentrating on my job here and that's all for now," said the 25-year-old.

"If you do a good job... things can happen. Journalists put you into various seats, but it's all hypothetical."

He added that the recent news that Briton Lewis Hamilton will move to Mercedes next year had seen a shake-up in the drivers' market.

"There is still lots of speculation out there, but all I can say is that for my future nothing has been announced yet. We have to wait a bit more.

"There is talks with this team, Force India, and there is still a chance that I will race here."

He added that -- after two seasons racing with Williams and Force India -- he felt ready to step into a major team at the front of the grid.

Your Comments

 

Next F1 Race

Germany
Jul 19
Germany

Formula 1 News

Monday, May 18, 2015

F1 changes yet to clear hurdles

F1plusStore

F1 Standings

Drivers
Teams
1 Lewis Hamilton 126
2 Nico Rosberg 116
3 Sebastian Vettel 98
4 Kimi Räikkönen 60
5 Valtteri Bottas 42
6 Felipe Massa 39
1 Mercedes 242
2 Ferrari 158
3 Williams F1 81
4 Red Bull Racing 52
5 Sauber 21
6 Sahara Force India 17

View complete standings table »

F1plusStore

Last F1 Race

Monaco Grand Prix
Monte Carlo, Circuit of Monaco
1
Nico Rosberg
Mercedes
2
Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari
3
Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes
Fastest Lap


0s

Pole Position

Lewis Hamilton

View all »

 

Follow Us