May 16 (Andrés Rojas).- The Sauber rookie driver, Sergio Perez, says he is confident he will race the European Grand Prix.
Sauber's rookie driver Perez withdrew after first Friday practice for the Canadian Grand Prix after not feeling 100 per cent following his heavy crash in Monaco.
He felt lightly dizzy, and pragmatically him and the team decided it was better not to race.
He was replaced with a very short notice by McLaren reserve Pedro de la Rosa during the weekend. The Spaniard finished in 17th, not that bad considering he had no enough time to adjust.
The Mexican said on Friday, however, that he was now feeling ready nad very excited about going to race again.
"I flew home from Montreal, and back in Mexico I spent the time preparing myself for the next race and trained together with our physiotherapist," said Perez in a team preview.
"I feel perfectly well and I'm very much looking forward to racing in Valencia. Without doubt it is an advantage that I know this track well. In 2009 I was on the podium after both GP2 races and last year I had pole position."
All in all, Pérez has not been able to race in two consecutive Grand Prix as a consequence of his accident in Monaco.