MONZA, September 4th, 2014 (F1Plus / Rosie Baillie) - Sebastian Vettel says he is not looking to leave Red Bull Racing despite a tough season so far.
It’s been reported that McLaren want to sign the four-time world champion but Vettel says he is happy where he is.
“There’s been a lot of talk. In Spa I heard on the Thursday that I’ve signed for $150million for three years. I was asking where the pen was but no one came back to me,” Vettel said about rumours of him switching teams.
The German driver would not discuss who he had spoken to but confirmed that he was happy with Red Bull and didn’t feel the need to move.
“It’s not the first time i’ve been approached, but it is not my style to share,” Vettel said.
“I think it is normal to have a lot go talks, but it doesn’t change anything that we do.”
“I think at the moment I have plenty of challenges. My situation hasn’t changed, I’m happy where I am. I don’t feel the need to do something different.”
Before the start of the 2015 season Red Bull will undergo a few changes with Vettel gaining a new race engineer as his current engineer ‘Rocky’ has been promoted to Head of Race Engineering.
Adrian Newey, the team’s chief technical officer, is also taking an advisory role at the team and switching his focus to other projects.
When asked if Vettel thought the Red Bull ‘dream team’ was breaking up, the German said there were other people in the team who could take on those roles.
“No, not really. I think it is natural that people change their position. Adrian was a strong asset the last couple of years and will be in the future but there are other people, very bright, clever people who we have on board.
“It’s natural that if you win many championships people get ridiculous offers, and everyone makes their own decisions.
“It is up to us to make sure we still have a strong line-up for the future, which I think is taken care of.”
Vettel is currently sixth in the drivers' title just behind Valtteri Bottas.